Jumat, 21 Desember 2012

Milan-Barça, Real-United in last 16 Real Madrid and Manchester United, the record Spanish and English champions, will do battle for a place in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, while AC Milan face Barcelona in another heavyweight clash. “I think the fans will be very, very happy with this tie," said Real director Emilio Butragueno. "It’s a very attractive tie, it will be very thrilling. Manchester United are a great team. And they have a great coach – Sir Alex Ferguson knows how to do it. It’s going to be very tough. But we are Real Madrid. We will do our best. I’m sure we’re going to rise to the occasion.” "I am sure it will be a special game for him. I'm sure he's going to do his best to help us qualify. It's going to very, very special for him. I know the coaches have a great relationship. We are very happy with him (Mourinho) and I hope he's going to lead the team to the Champions League to make our fans feel proud of the team.'' Ferguson told Manchester United's official website: "Well, it's the tie of the round. It's a great opportunity for our fans to see Cristiano again and also for me to meet up with Jose again - I'll need to order some good wine!" I am sure it will be a special game for him. I'm sure he's going to do his best to help us qualify. It's going to very, very special for him. Emilion Butragueno on Cristiano Ronaldo's return to Old Trafford Barça drew 0-0 away to Milan in the first leg of the 2011/12 quarter-finals, before a Lionel Messi brace led them to a 3-1 win at Camp Nou and a place in the last four. Arsenal-Bayern Munich and Celtic-Juventus were also determined at the Round of 16 draw in Nyon. “It could have been kinder, but it could have been worse,” said the Glasgow giants' manager Neil Lennon. “The fans will have to play their part but I’m sure they’ll raise the roof again. "We believe over two games anything is possible. Juventus are littered with world-class stars and have been very consistent over the last 18 months and have got a great winning mentality, but so have we." Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, meanwhile, is optimistic his side can see off Arsenal. He told www.uefa.com: "I think we enter this match as the slight favourites, but we can be making the mistake of underestimating them. "Arsenal have struggled at times in the league over the last few months, which a look upon the standings in the Premier League will tell you. But by no means will this be an easy game for us. I look forward to our game in London and back home in Munich. "We want to set the foundations with a good performance in London, that would make things easier for us in our home game. I wouldn't call this a lucky draw, but one that we can overcome. I look forward to seeing my old friend Arsene Wenger and I hope that we can reach the next round." Full draw Galatasaray-Schalke Celtic-Juventus Arsenal-Bayern Munich Shakhtar Donetsk-Borussia Dortmund AC Milan-Barcelona Real Madrid-Manchester United Valencia-Paris Saint-Germain Porto-Malaga The first legs will be played on 12, 13, 19 and 20 February, with the return matches on 5, 6, 12 and 13 March. Wembley Stadium will stage the final on Saturday 25 May.

0 komentar: