Senin, 17 September 2012

Del Piero ready for Sydney pressure Former Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero said on Monday he was ready for the pressure of being the biggest signing in Australian football history, vowing to rise to the challenge. The Italian, 37, opted for Sydney FC ahead of clubs including Premier League giants Liverpool on a two-year contract reportedly worth US$2 million a season. His arrival has been hailed as a significant moment for Australia's domestic A-League, which is entering its eighth season but has struggled over the years with patchy crowds and financial troubles. I played 19 years with Juventus, and in Juventus you have to win every game, every year. New Sydney FC signing Alessandro Del Piero "I know there's a lot of expectation, and I love that," Del Piero said in his first press conference since arriving on Sunday. "I played 19 years with Juventus, and in Juventus you have to win every game, every year. "Fortunately a lot of the time that happened, but all my life I play for winning. I'm here for winning ... I'm here because I trust in the win." Despite his age, Del Piero said he was in good shape and keen to settle in as soon as possible. "I am coming from two months working with my personal trainer and a young team in Italy," said the Italian, who scored 208 goals in 513 appearances for Juventus. "I do everything I can to stay in better condition.

0 komentar: