Rabu, 28 Juli 2010

Marquez stresses loyalty to Mexico


Rafa Marquez says he plans to play for Mexico for at least two more years and has revealed he may even continue until the next FIFA World Cup™.

The Barcelona defender, who played at the recent FIFA World Cup in South Africa, has appeared 94 times for Mexico and played in three FIFA World Cups for El Tri, but is still only 31 and eager to to carry on representing his country.
I am planning to carry on in the national team.
Mexico's Rafa Marquez

"Much has been said about whether I am going to carry on playing for the national team or not, but I see myself there for at least two more years," he told reporters in Guadalajara.

"After that we'll see how I am, how I feel and the condition I can be in for the next World Cup. The truth is I don't know, but if I'm in not in a condition to play then I will prefer to give the opportunity to the younger players. But I am planning to carry on in the national team."

Marquez has spent seven years at Barcelona, but is reportedly set to join his former Barca team-mate Thierry Henry at the New York Red Bulls.

0 komentar: